VELUX VCS solar powered "Fresh Air" skylights light up your home and provide ventilation using only the power of the sun. These premium solar skylights feature a solar panel that captures any available daylight and uses it to recharge a highly efficient battery-powered operator and control system.
The remotely controlled solar panel of the fresh air skylights does not have to be exposed to direct sunlight to function. Meaning the solar roof window skylight will work on cloudy days and with indirect light. The skylight window can be opened to create a chimney effect, drawing air upward to improve air quality within your home.
- SkylightsforLess.com is an official Velux dealer.
- VELUX solar powered "Fresh Air" skylights are eligible for a federal tax credit on both product and installation costs, making them very affordable
- VCS 4646 models are designed to fit a site-built curb (not included) with outside dimensions 49.5-in width x 49.5-in length
- Consists of double-paned argon gas-filled LowE3 glass that provides excellent energy performance for year-round comfort, plus the added safety of laminated glass, which building codes require for out of reach applications
- Order VELUX ECL 4646 flashing if you have a shingle, shake, or slate roof, or VELUX ECW 4646 flashing if you have a tile roof
- Qualifies for a 10-year "No Leak" installation warranty when installed with ECL flashing on a shingle roof with a pitch between 10° and 60° or ECW flashing on a tile roof with a pitch between 14° and 60° (flashing kits are sold separately)
- Features Clean, Quiet and Safe LowE3 laminated glass with a Neat® glass coating that keeps your skylight cleaner, reduces unwanted outside noise, and comes with a 10-year hail warranty against glass breakage
Fresh Air skylights are one of the most advanced skylights by the renowned skylights producer Velux. Not only do they feature the energy-saving solar-powered skylight which needs no wiring, but they are also expertly designed with advanced rain sensors that close the skylight automatically in cases of rain.
This curb mount skylight also comes with a “No Leak Promise” and one of the most premium glass designs seen in a skylight – the Neat® glass. The quiet and clean glass uses silicon dioxide resulting in a much smoother surface for even water dispersion and fast evaporation.
HOW IT WORKS
This Velux skylight design works through the small, yet efficient, solar panel. This advanced solar panel collects the daylight (no need for constant sunlight) to charge the internal battery which powers the operating system of the solar skylight. The result is easier control, simpler installation, and reduced electricity bills.
HOW TO CONTROL
Besides the standard remote control, this Velux ceiling model can be controlled via VELUX ACTIVE and NETATMO which are additional devices that feature smart sensors to monitor temperature, humidity, and CO2 levels. Based on predefined sensors, these remote devices then open/close your skylights and blinds.
Blinds Included: No
Color/Finish Family: Gray
Exterior Material: Aluminum
Flashing Included: No
Frame Color/Finish: Neutral Gray
Mounting Style: Curb mount
Primary Use: Residential
Skylight Style: Solar Venting
Warranty: 10-year limited
Actual Height (in.): 5.625
Actual Length (in.): 27.375
Actual Width (in.): 51.375
Outside Frame/Curb Height (in.): 25.5
Outside Frame/Curb Width (in.): 49.5
Rough Opening Height (in.): 5.625
Rough Opening Length (in.): 22.5
Rough Opening Width (in.): 46.5
Shipping & Lead Times
*Lead times are not guaranteed.
Please call our office for updated lead times.
Order shipping within the 48 Continental United States will ship freight with a flat rate fee based on the order total provided that oversized, common carrier, special handling or expedited freight do not apply.
Skylightsforless is not responsible for any return product shipping costs.
Items shipped outside of California and New York will not be charged sales tax.
To view our shipping rates, please click here.
Returns, Exchanges, & Refunds
Returns are not accepted for the following items:
- Commercial sun tunnels
- Commercial skylights
- Custom-built skylights
- Skylights with factory-installed blinds (blinds included)
- Custom blinds
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.